March 13, 2016

Sunday Spotlight: Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2016


(Etro)
Though modern fashion certainly fails to compel my imagination the way vintage ventments do, I can always find a few favorites each season. It seems the two focuses of this season were either late 60's/early 70's styles, or ultramodern boxy strangeness, neither of which interest me. Luckily there were a few 30's dresses sprinkled in too, always a welcome change, The last dress above, a black velvet Valentino number, wold certainly be my pick of the bunch! Did any of the collections catch your eye this season?

6 comments:

  1. I like all the embroidery that is being featured and it looks like your faux fur collars are going to be ever so useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love the verity of embellishments during fashion week, even if most of the silhouettes aren't to my own tastes! Even the masterful Dries Van Noten seems to agree a good fur collar can add luxury to any coat :)

      Delete
  2. Can I just take a moment to say thank you for this post? I really love seeing what vintage inspired designs come out at fashion week, but I can't be bothered to trawl through all the tat to find the good stuff - you've saved me so much time and effort with these marvellous picks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I have a habit of checking fashion week as it happens and just save the best stuff for you all :) I'm glad you find it useful!

      Delete
  3. I second Porcelina, thank you for this absolutely lovely post. There are a lot of offerings here that appeal to me, especially the 3rd and 4th photos, as well as the black and silver dress later on. Ooohh, and that purple cape is pretty spectacular, too!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't want a purple cape right? I'm happy to share the fashion week goodies :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...