Thursday, August 3, 2017

Blue Bayou








 Not the Blue Bayou mind you, though that is probably my favorite restaurant ever, not even because of the food (which is super tasty in my experience), but because it is inside my favorite place- Disneyland of course. This little faux creek/pond isn't exactly a bayou either, but I am wearing a few different shades of blue, so please allow me to get away with my silly little title.

I love wearing this colorful cotton dress ever summer, and this time I paired it with entirely navy accessories. This is the same hat I was wearing last week, but can you blame me for wearing it all the time? I do need to find some more hat pins however! Though they seem a simple thing, they are harder to find than you would think! I love it when I order a hat and it comes with a matching hat pin or a few extras that had been paired with it through time. I would love to pair this dress with other  colors like the grass green or rich pink, but I have a hard time finding belts I like in those colors. I'm always on the hunt for vintage, usually 1980s or 90s, covered buckle style belts in leather or suede. Hopefully such styles of belts will come back into style one day and my search will become much easier.

It seems crazy that it's August already! Of course, that meaning autumn is on the way I am already scheming about my fall sewing plans, even if I have yet to finish many of my summer sewing projects! I hope to get a lot more summer sewing done, as here in Colorado the summer weather lasts well into October and I'll still get to wear it all. Still, even if I'm not switching to sewing with wool and fall colors just yet, I am already getting distracted by all the Halloween and fall themed goodies already everywhere in shops... ;)

Dress: Made by me
Gloves, Necklace, Hat, & Clutch: Vintage
Shoes: Modcloth
Belt: Amazon

7 comments:

  1. I really like this dress - and fabulous this time with blue. You take vibrant colours so well... Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me a while to start wearing many of them, but now I'm open any color!

      Delete
  2. Is this dress made of a wax print or some African fabric? It sure looks like it! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its one of the printed Dutch versions, I wrote about the fabric a bit more a few years ago when I first made the dress :) http://theclosethistorian.blogspot.com/search?q=african

      Delete
  3. I adore the Blue Bayou too!

    What a fun color combo in this print!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janey! I just wish I could get over there to Disneyland more often, that monte cristo sandwich of theirs is heavenly <3

      Delete
  4. Lovely dress, such vibrant colours. Looks great paired with blue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...